Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"blue and white...bulldogs fight"

Obviously, we spend a lot of time around football practices and games. Ezri's eyes are always on the cheerleaders ("cheerdears" as she calls them). This past week the Ellensburg High School cheer team hosted a mini cheer camp and of course Ezri was thrilled to get to be a part of it. She couldn't wait to learn cheers and was especially excited about seeing Butch the bulldog! So on Thursday afternoon we spent a good deal of time picking out the perfect outfit to wear to cheer camp...she was so exited! They practiced from 4-7pm, which was way too long for the little ones, but Ezri was a trooper! She learned a dance and a cheer!
Friday night we got bundled up in our warm, bulldog colored clothes, and headed to the game. Ezri wanted to sit with all the mini-cheerleaders in their little reserved section. Eden and I sat close, but were far enough away for Ezri to feel like a big girl! At half time the girls found their leaders and lined up to perform...I've never seen so many cute little girls! As the girls walked out on the field, they were mobbed by parents with camera's and I have to admit my parents and I were at the front of the pack! Ezri remembered a few of her moves and was great at shaking her pom poms! I know I'm a little partial, but she was so cute! Her highlight of the evening was getting her picture with Butch! We drove home from the game cheering "here we go bulldogs, here we go!"

I don't know, Daddy might have to adjust to being a cheer parent...hee...hee!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That looks like a fun time...what a cutie you have!

Abby said...

VERY CUTE!!

Jeff and Brooke said...

How cute! It looks like she had a blast! I love the little video of her cheering!!! =) Faith and Halle would love to do something like that. I should see if the highschool around the corner does something like that.

Ty and Molly said...

I can't believe what a big girl Erzi has become. She is such a beautiful, full of life little one. Miss you guys!