Thursday, December 18, 2008
(Molly, Tyler, and the girls)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
(Eden playing "quarters")
Friday we celebrated Matty's 25th birthday with more eating at the Pasta Co. and then went downtown for Moments to Remember! The girls loved walking through the live nativity and Ezri kept yelling "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...we're going to see Jesus!" We watched the lighting of downtown and the local ballet studio perform...Eden tried kept licking the window we were watching them through...yuck!
(Ezri and Daddy waiting in line to see "Jesus, Jesus!")
(Ezri and Eden watching the ballerina's, Eden was cleaning the window)
Saturday we escaped for a movie date with Nolan and Morgan and then celebrated Nolan's 25th birthday with again more eating at the Yellow Church cafe!
All in all we had a great weekend and loved the concentrated time with our fam's!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
1. I love having a warm drink...my favorite is a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks (they have peppermint whip cream)! The best part is when the holiday cups come out...I get excited about silly things! It's usually a treat for me to buy a drink and I often reuse my cup, just because I like how it feels in my hands!
2. Play, play, play...my favorite way to spend free time with Levi is to do something active. I love to play soccer together, pass the football or baseball, water ski or jet ski, shoot hoops...you name it...I just really enjoy doing those physical things that get your heart rate up! I've recently gotten into biking and enjoyed riding the girls around this fall in the bike cart. I'd love to pursue rock climbing a little more...one thing we get to take advantage of at the high school (they have a rock climbing wall). I'm looking forward to snow and snowshoeing as a family this year! It's been hard to adjust those activities with having kiddo's and I never feel like we play enough, but now we just try and approach it from a different angle!
3. Popcorn is my favorite treat. I try and find any reason to make it, so we have lots of movie nights! (But it has to be the homemade kind...no microwave)!
4. I'm terribly afraid of heights. I know hard to believe if I like rock climbing, but there is a safe feeling when you are in a harness! The older I get the more nervous heights make me...Levi thinks it's funny and often teases me...thanks babe! It makes me a bit of a nervous Momma therefore I hover over the girls, especially walking up stairs, taking an escalator, etc.
5. Art is my passion! I love to create and especially paint. I never really have time for it or don't really make time! It's not realistic with two young babes, but if we had an extra room in our house I would make it an art studio!
6. I really enjoy cooking, but can't stand the smell or really the feel of raw meat. If I cook a whole bird, usually Levi cleans out the insides for me. I get over it because I have to, but in a perfect world I wouldn't have to touch it before it's cooked!
So I'm supposed to tag someone else...so Anna, Molly, Erin, Tracy, and Brooke I tag you!
Monday, November 3, 2008
We took Ezri trick-or-treating last year and I was so ready for our little bundle to arrive! I had hoped that all the walking would kick labor into gear! Eden was due on November 1st, which was a Friday. No huge labor signs had showed up yet, I had been walking around at 3+ cm for the past month, so my Mom took Ezri and I to lunch that day and I just had a sweet time enjoy the last few days being a parent to one!
Friday night, I started having heavier contractions, but my labor took so long with Ezri that I figured we still had a ways to go! We went to bed and I tried to rest. Around midnight I thought I felt my water break, but wasn't sure. Levi assumed that things were still going to take a while so he told me to try and keep resting, but although I tried contractions were getting stronger and heavier! I managed to make it until 5:30am and could take it no more, I told Levi that we had to go to the hospital now! My Mom came over to stay with Ez and off we went. Once they had us in a room and Dr. Larson came and checked me, I was 7cm! (If there's a next time, I won't let Lev tell me to keep resting...ha...ha)
I asked for an epidural and we had to wait for the anesthesiologist to come in from somewhere else. Thankfully she showed up about an hour later and I had a little relief! Around 12:00, I felt like I just had to start pushing, everyone kept saying that I should just try and rest....again because of my previous labor, I pushed for 4 hours with Ezri). Needless to say I was ready, they called the Doc and he checked me and I was ready to push! I had myself so geared up for another long haul, but our sweet Eden JoAnna showed up at 12:36! She weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 19 inches long.
We were so shocked that she was a girl. We had chosen to not find out what we were having, but the nurse kept referencing boy...we thought she maybe slipped because it was indicated in our charts! Eden was such a surprise...and a true delight, just as her name means! Boy could she scream, but was such a great sleeper!
It was so precious to get to show her to Ezri. All throughout my pregnancy Ezri was sure she was having a baby brother. The week before Eden was born, she started telling us she was having a sister...and very adamantly I might add! I love how the Lord prepared her heart and what sweet sissy's they are now!
Daddy, Momma, and Sister are so thankful to have you in our lives! You bring us joy by your silliness! We are touched by the way you snuggle, and love how adventurous you are! We pray over this year ahead that the Lord would guide and protect you, that he would cultivate a heart in you for him. We pray that God you give you a special relationship with Ezri and that your bond would be unbreakable! We love you sweet baby!
We celebrated yesterday with family and friends...pictures to come...Eden loved her cake...hee...hee!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Our little comedian found a bag today and before I knew it she was hiding under it! Eden has such a funny little sense of humor; she waited quietly until I said "where is Eden?" before popping out! (Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry, she was moving too quick for me!)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Ezri took a picture of her pumpkin too...great picture Sister!Playtime: