Thursday, December 4, 2008

happy birthday sunshine!

Ezri turns 4 years old today...all Levi and I keep saying is we can't believe she's 4 already! The time is going to fast! Our sweet little sunshine has had a fun birthday celebration, excluding the fact we already celebrated early with family! Yesterday, she spent the evening with Nanz and got to have her first real pedicure and manicure...she can't stop talking about it! Today she was able to celebrate at preschool; she made a birthday crown which she has had on all day, got to bring in Mickey Mouse cookies, and her class sang "happy birthday." We enjoyed the afternoon together and went to the Ware Fair at the college with our friend Melissa and tonight she's going on a date with Daddy to see a movie...so fun!

Ezri is our little ball of sunshine! She has a strong, yet sweet personality and is always surprising us by the things she says, does, and remembers! She loves playing anything make-believe and usually narrates her play by a made up song! Ezri is a true snuggler and is always hanging onto one of us and saying "I love you." We hope that never changes! She's a super big sister and is really into teaching and showing Eden things! She's still loving preschool and is really starting to recognize letters and numbers...I love it!

Ezri we pray that over this next year you would continue to grow in your love for the Lord! That He would guide your heart and continue to bless you in all that you are doing and learning! We pray that you would be confident in who you are and who God has made you to be, that no one or thing would cause you to doubt the young lady that you are! We pray over your relationship with Sister that is would always be a special, strong bond that you two hold because she will forever be yours! We ask Lord that you would protect Ezri physically and bless her health. Lord that you would continue cultivating in her a kind heart that desires things of You! Thank you for our beautiful baby girl and the true gift she is to us- thank you Lord that you love her even more than we do and you know the plans you have for her! Amen

Looking back 4 years:
We were living in Packwood, Washington the year Ezri was born and commuting over White Pass during the winter anticipating her arrival! The Lord truly had His hand in the weather because He held off the snow until after Ezri was born!

I was such a nervous Mama, wanting to make sure I paid attention to all the right labor signs! Ezri was born on a Saturday and the Wednesday night before I thought maybe my water broke. After consulting Dr. Larson, we decided to head to Eburg Thursday morning. My water hadn't broke (which is very obvious to me now) so I was sent home to rest. He gave me a sleeping pill that night, which made me sleep incredibly and I woke the next morning having contractions.

We labored all day at my parents house (which was special because we had family there with us) and then around 5pm we headed into the hospital! I labored for a long time, spent some time in the tub, walked, and finally needed an epidural! Once some of the pain was eased I could rest a little more and by 3am started pushing! I pushed and pushed, but we weren't making much progress. By 6am Dr. Larson started saying we might look into other options and I just knew I didn't want anything other than an natural delivery. Maybe it was motivation, but I really think the Lord heard my prayers and after 4 hours of pushing we met our baby girl at 7:01am. Ezri Shannon weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She came out as curious as she is now, and just looked around...she laid on my tummy and just looked at Levi and I! Neither one of us will forget the first time we saw those big eyes! She had a head of dark hair that we were surprised by and deep blue eyes (which are now green)!

We are so thankful and proud of our precious Ezri...we love you sweet girl! Happy Day!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a sweet girl you have..happy birthday Ezri!

anna said...

mmmm. :) she's a precious girly! i hope her day was super special.

Esther K said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday to Ezri!