Thursday, December 11, 2008

gingerbread men and christmas trees

This weekend we pulled out all of the Christmas decorations, put lights up outside, decorated our Christmas tree, and made gingerbread cookies! And, of course my favorite, pulled out the Christmas music! We had a great time...especially when the gingerbread men escaped the oven-they left a trail of notes saying "Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread man!" along with a clue of where to go next!

We only put a few ornaments on the tree this year because of our little Eden, but Ezri used most of our others to decorate a small tree in her room! I've loved watching Ezri get into the holiday spirit! Her favorite thing to play right now is Mary and Joseph - she either plays with her nativity or comes out dressed like Mary and pretends Eden is baby Jesus, Levi or I get to be Joseph! It's really fun talking with her about why we celebrate Christmas because she can grasp the concept better this year!Oh, and our tree couldn't be any more girlie...it has pink lights!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love Christmas! We have yet to get a tree or the decorations out but I am determined to do it by this weekend. It will be our last Christmas with a fir tree for a while:) We will be in Eburg for Christmas and hope to see you guys! We'll be in touch!

Esther K said...

How fun! I just love the picture of all 3 of you! Isn't this the kind of stuff that makes it all worthwhile! What sweet memories!!!!