Wednesday, October 8, 2008

growing



So...we've hit a few neat stages in the growth of our girls this past week!

I'll start with Eden. She's such a sweet, yet fiery little thing with crazy determination! She's been trying to walk for the past three weeks, taking at most about 7 steps at time. I think we're pretty much there...Eden walks from one piece of furniture to the next all through the house. You can just see how proud she is of herself, and she is trying so hard to keep up with sister! We can't believe we have a little one walking at 11 months...way to go girl! Eden is also climbing everything, the dishwasher when it's open, the little rocking chair, and even toys to get on the play table...yikes! She's been talking a little more too, I was holding her while making dinner this week and said "hot" as we were by the stove, and she said "hot" right back. So we've now added that to her list of words: dog, Dad, Mama, sis, Ez, and hi!



Here's a short video of her walking from Ezri's tent to the couch...sorry it's sideways...I learned my lesson and will hold the camera horizontally next time!



Ezri and I had some time together on Sunday. I was the parent helper in her Sunday School class and Levi stayed home with Eden who had the sniffles. We had fun in class and then decided to stay for the next service for worship. The service was structured a little differently than normal and communion was offered during worship, for you to serve yourself and go when you felt led. I explained to Ezri what communion was (the best I could in kid terms) we talked about how Jesus died for us and how he lives in our hearts...that of which she'd heard before. I told her she didn't have to take communion but could if she wanted and she did. We sat together and I had her repeat after me as we took the bread and juice. I was a teary mess because it was so precious. After that she just snuggle me while we finished worship. On the way home, I asked Ezri more questions to make sure she understood what we had just done and explained if you believe in Jesus then you can ask Him into your heart to be in charge of your life. We'd talked about it before (Ezri asks lots of questions) but she didn't want to ask Jesus into her heart then. On Sunday she did...it was so precious, driving home from church she repeated after me (in kid words) and told Jesus that sometimes she does yucky things, to forgive her, and asked Jesus to live in her heart! The water works continued for me! We celebrated by getting donuts!

I know she's still a little young to understand completely what it all means, but Sunday night as we were praying at bedtime, we asked her what she was thankful for and she said "that Jesus lives in my heart."

Oh, the hearts of children...I suppose that is why God asks us to come before Him with childlike hearts!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Soooo cool!!! That is so great!!

anna said...

wow!!! look at her go!!! mmm, love those little ones.