Monday, September 8, 2008

Ezri-isms

Just wanted to share a piece of what keeps me entertained all day with my sweet girls! As you know Ezri has quiet the imaginative little mind. Here is some of what I heard today:

Ezri yelling to Eden in the playroom while I was doing dishes...
"Shima, Shima, Shima you really need to stop wiggling out of my legs! Shima, I mean it!"
Eden is squealing and yelling, but Ezri continues. "Shima, Shima, it's okay!" I hear Eden trying to escape the playroom, and as her face pops around the corner, Ezri comes running out as well to say "Mama, I calmed her down! I burped her and made her stop crying!" By now Eden has almost made it to me in the kitchen. Ezri grabs Edens legs and starts to pull her back to the playroom saying "Listen, it's really important..." At this point Mom had to intervene.

Ezri talking to me during lunch today...
"Mom, that's an a-choe-pie-pie." I ask what and a-choe-pie-pie might be and she says "Mom, and a-choe-pie-pie is the middle of a flower" and points to the flowers on the table! Who knew, I am constantly educated by my sweet little sunshine!

Ezri praying before bed...
"Dear Jesus, you are the Father that lives in our hearts. You made Mommy and Daddy. They were babies, but they growed up and now they are Mommy and Daddy! Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Sissy! I love you Amen! Mommy I love you!" I thought my heart would melt!

Ezri singing a night-time song...
"A rose, a rose, a choo choo choo, a rose, a rose, a choo choo choo." One of Ezri's many made-up serenades at bedtime...I love listening to her sing!

2 comments:

Abby said...

That prayer is so sweet- I love it!! We love everything about Ezri!! What fun stories.

Thanks for your comment and your prayers Steph. I really appreciate them and I know you understand how hard this week has been...yet also so great. I love you Friend!!

Jo Feve said...

Tears are running down my face--what a sweet prayer..."Out of the mouths of babes!"

Oh how I love those precious girls!