Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eden




Sunday we had Eden dedicated at the church. The more and more I reflected on the concept of dedication, I've come to realize what a momentous event it is in the lives of our children. It's a physical way for us as parents of acknowledging how we must hand our children over to the Lord, because they truly are His. It's real moment of faith and also inspiration as you look out at the congregation watching your sweet baby, and to know that not only is her life in the Lords hands, but forever more will she have a church body encouraging her, praying for her, and showing her the love of Christ!


Becoming a Momma has been the greatest gift in my life, I don't think I truly grasped the love God has for me until I discovered the life changing love I have for my girls! Looking into their sweet faces, I see the love I have for Levi and I see the amazing handiwork of our Creator. They are masterpieces that He has entrusted into our care. I love the fact that we have a church body to lift us up in caring for these precious creations we've been gifted!


"There is something infinitely precious about having a daughter. Mine, from the moment she was born, drew from me reserves of tenderness, protectiveness and fight I never new I possessed. I wanted to change the world overnight, to make it a safer, easier, better place for this miniature woman, this receptacle of all my dreams and aspirations, this extension of myself." Michele Guiness


I say that Eden is my "sweet joy" and Ezri is my "ray of sunshine." I love to celebrate them because they not only bring a preciousness to they way we live life, but have caused me to draw closer to my Maker because He has shown me a new level of love and trust!

2 comments:

Abby said...

It was so neat to see her dedication. You all looked so cute!!!

Ty and Molly said...

I love that you have a blog...it really makes me emotional to think of what wonderful parents you and Levi are to Eden & Ezri. We love you guys so much and miss you ALOT. Hopefully we can come and see you soon.